What is Interprofessional Education?
Interprofessional education occurs when multiple professions learn about, from and with each other to develop cohesive practices that improve health care and social well being.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of LAU’s health and social care programs will be able to:
- Recognize other professionals’ expertise, roles, responsibilities and competence.
- Use effective communication techniques with other professionals to effect change and resolve conflict when providing patient/client care.
- Develop interprofessional collaboration in health and social care settings.
- Make decisions with other professionals and the patient/client when planning and implementing health and social care.
- Develop interprofessional case conferences, team meetings, and quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrate evidence-based interdisciplinary approaches to provide a safe environment for patients/clients and achieve good patient/client outcomes.
- Resolve ethical issues that arise in health and social care settings.